1. Tell us a little bit about yourself, your hobbies and interests.
I am a mom, wife, tea aficionado, and serious book nerd. I love to read, take photographs, write (of course), knit when I have a chance, and blogging.
2. When and why did you start writing books?
I was about 8 or 9 when I started writing. My parents were avid readers and there were always books in our house. It seemed like I was destined to be a writer at a young age.
3. What made you decide to tackle writing as a career?
When my mother passed away over five years ago, I realized how short life is and I wanted to honor my parents and published my first book, which was a memoir.
4. Which one of your books or characters is your favourite?
Finn from my first fiction novel: "Just Finn" is my favorite character. I feel like he is a child of mine and I think of him all day!
5. Which one of your books was the hardest to write and stretched you the most as a writer?
My memoir, "Plantains and the Seven Plagues: Half-Dominican, Half-Cuban, and Full Life". It was a product of grief and I wrote it through tears.
6. Who is your favourite author and book?
"Crime and Punishment" by Fyodor Dostoevsky is my absolute favorite book and it's main character, the conflicted and intelligent, Raskolnikov is my favorite!
7. What book are you reading right now?
Chuck Palahniuk's "Consider This: Moments in my Writing Life after which everything was Different."
8. Where do you get your inspiration for your books?
My life, things I love, people I admire- I need to be truly inspired.
9. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
Reading and playing word games.
10. Do you have any new books in the works?
Yes! Book Three of the Just Finn series! It follows book two, More Than Just Finn.
Paz Ellis writes in several genres and loves to read and support fellow authors.